Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How you've helped: The Student Opportunity Fund

Utah State University is constantly searching for new ways to develop student scholarships. One college established the CHaSS Student Opportunity Fund to encourage alumni and friends to ensure that higher education continues to be a dream within reach of students from all walks of life.

Over the next week we will be highlighting some of these students, as they tell their own stories.


BAILEY MCMURDIE
“Being a woman in sports broadcasting definitely isn't easy. People look at me differently because I don’t want to be a sideline reporter. I want to be in the action, getting all of that stuff on camera.”


“If I could say anything to the donors: there are so many hardworking kids, and I was blessed enough to have donors like Deseret Digital Media who recognized something that I did. That made me work harder.”
Bailey is now working for FOX 13 News in Salt Lake City as a sports producer and reporter.
Visit her profile here: http://fox13now.com/author/kstubaileymcmurdie/ 


CHRIS ELLSWORTH
“Studying here at Utah State and especially being in the ROTC program has really taught me that I can do hard things, and that I can actually push myself a lot harder than I ever imagined that I could.”


“Leadership, for me, is about having people trust you, and allowing them to confide in you.” 
“Although our program is a lot smaller today, being able to be a part of that legacy is a privilege.”


Each recipient has a unique story, but they have all have benefited from scholarships in order to gain an education. Because of the hard work they put into their schooling here at USU, they will be valuable additions to the work force and more importantly, the world.  

As Alumni, you play a critical role in the success of these students, and others at Utah State. Thank you for your kindness, compassion, loyalty and sacrifice for the benefit of these great students. 


No comments: